- Exchange students become natural members of the Information Center after they are given the ID card by the University.
Reference & Guidance
- Exchange students can utilize the orientation programs, and they may request orientation programs with specific subjects.
- If you have any questions, problems and suggestions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circulation & Borrowing
Borrowing: Exchange students may borrow 60 books for 60 days, borrow 5 multimedia for 7 days,borrow 2 bounded serials for 7 days, and unless they are requested by others, books can be renewed unlimited times for the same period.
Overdue: For information resources, a reminder is sent to the user a week before the due date. In order to see notice emails which are interested in checked out resources, please check them on SPAM email box. Fine processes are applied to those which are returned later than the due date, in compliance with " Overdue Fines Document", and borrowing services shall not be available until the fine is paid. Overdue fines are not applied to periods when the Information Center is closed.
IC Use Only: They may utilize the following collections within the Information Center only; "Reference Collection" which is organized for reference purposes,"Serials Collection" which is a collection of current and back issues of journals.
Rare Books: They may utilize; "Rare Collection" which consists of rare information resources.
Online Resources: Electronic journals and databases are open to in-campus access for 24 hours a day. They can also have access to them from outside the campus by using the User ID and password provided by the University.
Renewing: Processes related to the renewal of borrowed items and reserving information resources can be done over the web site.
Multimedia Recall: Borrowed multimedia items can be recalled before due date, if any other user requires for a short period of time, for adding to the reserve, for uses of the academic personnel on special occasions, and for mass shows that are arranged by the student clubs.
Recall: Return of information resources which are requested to be put in the reserve collection but are already borrowed may be requested even if the borrowing period is not over. If it is before the beginning of the semester, it should be returned within 10 days, during the semester should be returned within 3 days. For those information resources that are not returned within the requested time, fine processes are applied in compliance with the Overdue Fines Document. Borrowing services shall not be available until the fine is paid.
Lost or Damaged Resources: For information resources that are lost or damaged, fine processes are applied in accordance with the "Document for Lost and Damaged Information Resources", and borrowing services shall not be available until these processes are completed. Upon request, the possession of the damaged item may be given to the user. Administration is informed of information resources that are claimed to be returned but not found in their places. The user cannot utilize the borrowing services until the final decision of Administration.
- Exchange students may request documents that are not available in the collections of Information Center. Requests are made by filling out the Document Delivery / Interlibrary Loan (ILL) form over the web site.
- Processes are maintained in accordance with Document Supply Fees Document. Documents are delivered after the document fees are paid.
- Requests with incomplete bibliographic data are cancelled and reported. When the document arrives, request owner is notified. For documents not taken by the request owner within a week, a second notice is sent, and reported to the administration.
Multimedia / Group Study Rooms and Equipments
- The Multimedia and Group Study Rooms and the Carrels can be used by reserving via the Room Reservation Function on IC's web site. It is necessary to comply with the reservation time to use these rooms and carrels. In case of being late more than 15 minutes for the reservation time, it will be cancelled automatically.
- The keys of the Multimedia and Group Study Rooms, the earphones belonged to the carrels, the video and DVD players and also the TV remote control devices are borrowed within their bag. The fines to the equipment in the status of overdue shall be implemented in accordance with the Overdue Fines Document. Moreover, the users cannot use the borrowing services until that they will fulfill the payment of the fines related to the relevant material(s).
- For keys and equipment that are lost or damaged, fine processes are applied in accordance with the Document for Lost and Damaged Information Resources, and borrowing services shall not be available until these processes are completed. Upon request, the possession of the damaged item may be given to the user. Borrowing services shall not be available until the fine is paid.
- Only faculty members can use the projection rooms to instruction.
- Group study and multimedia rooms can be booked for minimum 3 students only.
- Any questions, feedbacks and suggestions can be mailed to circulation @sabanciuniv.edu